Employment Law Seminar: Protecting your Small Business when Hiring, Managing, and Firing Employees
Name: Employment Law Seminar: Protecting your Small Business when Hiring, Managing, and Firing Employees
Date: January 17, 2019
Time: 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM EST
Do you want to hire employees, but are overwhelmed by employment regulations? In this class, Attorney at Law, Richard N. Selby, from Dworken & Bernstein Co., L.P.A. will discuss the many laws affecting how you manage employees, from hiring to firing and how to protect your small business from lawsuits. Topics covered include:
- Best Practices When Hiring: Important application and interview questions you should ask and what not to ask.
- Job Description and Employee Handbooks: Tips on what you can and cannot legally include;
- Payroll, overtime, wage/hour laws;
- Compliance with local, state and federal employment laws to prevent and/or deal with harassment and discrimination in the workplace;
- How to give employee feedback;
- Best Practices when firing an employee: Being prepared, dealing with difficult employees and avoiding lawsuits.
- Richard N. Selby, Attorney at Law, Dworken & Bernstein Co., L.P.A.
- The Ohio SBDC at Lakeland Community College